This pattern is made using the C2C stitch. If you are unsure how to make this stitch, you can go to this link to learn how:
Worsted Weight 4 Yarn in Grinchy green – Approx 190 yds
Worsted Weight 4 Yarn in White – Approx 65 yds
Worsted Weight 4 Yarn in Red- Approx 20 yds
Worsted Weight 4 Yarn in Black – Approx 8 yds
Worsted Weight 4 Yarn in Yellow – Small amount
Hot Glue Gun
Stitches used and abbreviations:
Ch – chain stitch
St – stitch
Sc – single crochet
Sctog – single crochet 2 together
2sc – 2 sc in the same st
2dc – 2 dc in the same st
Dctog – double crochet 2 together
Dc – double crochet
Sl st – slip stitch
Dc2 – double crochet in the next 2 stitches
FO – Fasten off
This is using the C2C stitch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMMU-0YOwTg
Gauge is not important.
SCARF – Using 6mm hook and Grinchy green yarn
- Ch6, dc in the 4th ch from hook, dc in the next 2 chs. (3 or 1 block made)
- Ch6, dc in the 4th ch from the hook, dc in the next 2 chs, turn, sl st in the sp of between the beginning ch and 1st dc, ch3 (counts as a dc), dc 3 in the same space. (2 blocks)
- Repeat this process adding a new block in ea row until you have a total of 9 blocks.
- Decrease on one side while increasing on the other side so you have 9 blocks across. Continue until you have 9 blocks vertically on the decrease side. (See Fig 1)
- Change to white yarn. Make 4 rows in this color.
- Change to red yarn. Make 45 rows in this color. FO, weave in ends.
EYES – Make 2
Using yellow yarn
- MR, ch3 (counts as a dc), dc 7 in ring. (8)
- Ch3, turn, dc in same st as ch3, dc 6, 2dc in last st, change to black yarn. (10)
- Ch1, turn, sc in ea st, fo, weave in ends. (10)
PUPILS – Make 2
Using black yarn
MR, ch1, 8 sc in the ring, invisible join, fo, weave in ends.
Using black yarn
Ch4, 2sc in the second ch from the hook, sc, 3sc in last ch, on backside of ch, sc 2, join, fo, weave in ends.
Hot glue or sew the eyes and nose as shown in the picture. Using black yarn and tapestry needle, sew on mouth. Make large white pompom and attach on pointed end.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!