These cute little frogs are perfect quick gifts or craft show items.
You only need a small amount of yarn. I’m able to make one in about an hour so you can make them in every color.
Worsted Weight Yarn in Frog Color – Approx 25-30 yds
Worsted Weight Yarn in Black – Small Amt
10mm safety eyes
Polyfil or your choice of stuffing
Stitches used and abbreviations:
Ch – chain stitch
MR – magic ring
Inc – increase = 2 sts in the same st
St – stitch
Sc – single crochet
Hdc – half double crochet
Sl st – slip stitch
Sc2 = single crochet in the next 2 stitches
- Ch8, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sc5, inc in last ch, turn and sc5 up the back side of the ch, sc in the same ch as your 1st st. (14)
2-14. Sc in ea st around. (14)
15. Making sure that you are at the corners, hdc-inc in the next 2 sts, sc5, hdc-inc in the next 2 sts, sc5. (18)
16. Hdc4, sc5, hdc4, sc5. (18) Insert safety eyes by the hdcs. Stuff.
17. Sl st in next 2 sts, ch1, sl st the front and back sides together so the hdcs on each side match up to close, fo and weave in ends.
ARMS – Make 2
- Ch12, hdc-inc in the 2nd ch from the hook, sl st down, fo leaving approx 2-3 inches of tail for sewing.
LEGS – Make 2
- Ch14, hdc-inc in the 2nd ch from the hook, sl st down, fo leaving approx 2-3 inches of tail for sewing.
Using Black Yarn
Sew mouth 1 st below ea eye.
Sew the arms between the 5th and 6th row from the top on ea side.
Sew the legs in ea corner at the bottom.
Sew on mouth.
Enjoy your Leggy Frogs. Make them in all the colors.